Boston Civil War Tour(s)
Learn how the city that ignited the American Revolution led the country in the fight to Abolish Slavery, amend the Constitution and Save the Union. Hear the Boston stories of ;
John Wilkes Booth
Louisa May Alcott
Robert Gould Shaw
Rev. Leonard Grimes
The Secret Six
Paul Revere's Grandsons
All vital participants in the Civil War drama.
Enjoy the neighborhoods of Boston during a 90-minute historic walk.
- The Robert Gould Shaw Memorial
- Beacon Hill
- Holmes Alleyway on the Underground Railroad
- Park Street Church
- Louisburg Square and the Home of Louisa May Alcott
- Court Square
- Faneuil Hall
- Tours Run Rain or Shine Starting at Faneuil Hall or the State Capitol
- Tours can be modified to focus on your interests.
- The military contributions of the Harvard, 6th, Irish, German, 54th, 55th and 5th horse regiments (downhill)
- Or the Abolitionists rush to war (while you tour the architecture of Beacon Hill. (Modest hills)
- The Congressional compromises of 1820, 1850 and 1854 and the fugitive slave riots that ensued.
For more information, call 781-640-1572 or email email@example.com